more news

  1. Sunday 26 March 2017

  2. 12:26

    Giovinazzi lauds 'fantastic' F1 debut

    Sauber's Antonio Giovinazzi hailed a "fantastic" weekend as he claimed 12th place on his Formula 1 debut at the Australian Grand Prix. Ferrari reserve driver…

  3. Saturday 25 March 2017

  4. 13:02

    Giovinazzi thought F1 call-up was a joke

    Formula 1 debutant Antonio Giovianzzi says he thought he was being tricked when he received the news that he would be competing in the Australian Grand Prix…

  5. Thursday 23 March 2017

  6. Sunday 19 March 2017

  7. Wednesday 15 March 2017

  8. 09:32

    Interview: Wehrlein on an eventful winter

    Pascal Wehrlein's off-season was eventful. Having initially been overlooked by Force India, amid questions about his attitude, he then missed out on a seat at…

  9. Tuesday 14 March 2017

  10. Sunday 12 March 2017

  11. Tuesday 7 March 2017

  12. 19:06

    Wehrlein relieved by painless F1 return

    Sauber's Pascal Wehrlein says he had "no pain" as he made his Formula 1 return at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya on Tuesday, following a lay-off due to a…

  13. 09:52

    Wehrlein back in F1 action at Barcelona

    Pascal Wehrlein has returned to Formula 1 action with Sauber at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, following the back injury he sustained at the Race of…

  14. Monday 6 March 2017

  15. 12:52

    Wehrlein gets green light for F1 return

    Pascal Wehrlein has been given the all-clear to resume Formula 1 duties on Tuesday following the back injury he sustained at the Race of Champions in…

  16. Sunday 5 March 2017

  17. Tuesday 28 February 2017

  18. Monday 27 February 2017

  19. 13:58

    Wehrlein hopes to be fit for second test

    Pascal Wehrlein says he will undergo a further medical assessment at the end of the week, which will determine whether he can drive during the second pre-season…

  20. Sunday 26 February 2017

  21. 17:33

    Sauber confirms schedule for first test

    Sauber has confirmed its driver schedule for the opening pre-season test at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya. Sauber will field Marcus Ericsson and Pascal…

  22. Friday 24 February 2017

  23. 15:58

    Sauber confirms Giovinazzi for first test

    Sauber has confirmed that Ferrari reserve Antonio Giovinazzi will drive in place of the injured Pascal Wehrlein during next week's opening pre-season test at…

  24. Thursday 23 February 2017

  25. Wednesday 22 February 2017

  26. Tuesday 21 February 2017

  27. Monday 20 February 2017

  28. 09:34

    Sauber presents new Formula 1 car

    Sauber has formally presented its 2017 Formula 1 challenger, the Ferrari-powered C36, in an online launch, to kick-start a busy week of reveals in the sport…

  29. Friday 17 February 2017

  30. 09:42

    Wehrlein to miss first pre-season test

    Sauber driver Pascal Wehrlein has confirmed that he will miss the first of two pre-season tests at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya with a back issue, after…

  31. Friday 10 February 2017

  32. 16:17

    Sauber to present car on February 20

    Sauber has announced that it will present its new car, the C36, on February 20. Sauber had already outlined plans to run the car, which will be powered by…

  33. Monday 6 February 2017

  34. 17:39

    Sauber confirms Wehrlein medical exams

    Sauber has confirmed that medical examinations of Pascal Wehrlein are "ongoing", following a crash at the recent Race of Champions, amid reports he could miss…

  35. 15:13

    Sauber eyes 'clear improvement' on 2016

    New Sauber Technical Director Jörg Zander hopes the team can return to Formula 1's midfield this year but is wary that improving the structure of the squad…

  36. Friday 27 January 2017

  37. 12:30

    Sauber to roll-out new car on February 22

    Sauber will roll-out its new car at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya on February 22. Sauber's C36, which will run a 2016-spec Ferrari power unit, is set to…

  38. Thursday 19 January 2017

  39. Monday 16 January 2017

  40. 12:11

    Wehrlein completes Sauber's line-up

    Sauber has announced that Mercedes junior Pascal Wehrlein will represent the team in the 2017 Formula 1 season, alongside Marcus Ericsson, completing the…

  41. Tuesday 10 January 2017

  42. Wednesday 4 January 2017

  43. Tuesday 3 January 2017

  44. 12:01

    'Haryanto will not return to F1 in 2017'

    Rio Haryanto will not return to the Formula 1 grid in 2017, his mother has stated. Haryanto made his Formula 1 debut with Manor last year, racing alongside…

  45. Friday 30 December 2016

  46. Friday 23 December 2016

  47. 08:03

    2016 review: Sauber saved from the brink

    GPUpdate.net's end-of-season reviews move on to Sauber, which avoided collapse with a crucial mid-season takeover deal, and finally got points on the board at…

  48. Wednesday 21 December 2016

  49. 12:22

    Ericsson: Sauber out of 'survival mode'

    Sauber is no longer in "survival mode" following its mid-season takeover, and can now focus on climbing back up the Formula 1 grid, according to Marcus…

  50. Friday 16 December 2016

  51. 09:49

    Sauber to name second driver in January

    Sauber is now also planning to announce its second driver for the 2017 season at the beginning of next year, amid the knock-on effect of Nico Rosberg's shock…

  52. Saturday 10 December 2016

  53. Wednesday 30 November 2016

  54. 10:17

    Nasr's situation 'not ideal', says manager

    Felipe Nasr's manager has admitted that Banco do Brasil's decision to terminate its sponsorship deal with Sauber is a blow, though will not give up on securing…

  55. Monday 28 November 2016

  56. 13:12

    Nasr: Ocon clash compromised prospects

    Sauber's Felipe Nasr rued a clash with Manor rival Esteban Ocon, which he felt compromised his chances of achieving a strong result at the Abu Dhabi Grand…

  57. Friday 25 November 2016

  58. 15:44

    Banco do Brasil to end Sauber backing

    Banco do Brasil is to end its sponsorship deal with Sauber, team boss Monisha Kaltenborn has confirmed, casting further doubt over Felipe Nasr's future in…

  59. Thursday 24 November 2016

  60. 11:52

    Nasr: Staying at Sauber remains priority

    Felipe Nasr has emphasised that he is eager to continue racing at Sauber in 2017, with his future yet to be determined ahead of the season-ending Abu Dhabi…

  61. 07:42

    Overview: F1's battles down the pack

    While the attention this weekend will fall on the scrap for the title between Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton, there are several other battles further down the…

  62. Monday 21 November 2016

  63. 09:31

    Kaltenborn praises 'team player' Ericsson

    Sauber boss Monisha Kaltenborn has labelled Marcus Ericsson as "an important team player" following the news that the Swedish driver will remain with the team…

  64. 09:05

    Sauber confirms Ericsson to stay in 2017

    Marcus Ericsson will remain with Sauber in Formula 1 in 2017, the team announced on Monday morning, marking his third successive season with the Swiss operation…

  65. Wednesday 16 November 2016

  66. 15:12

    Sauber hopes to name drivers before finale

    Sauber Team Principal Monisha Kaltenborn is hopeful that the outfit will be able to finalise its 2017 driver line-up before next week's season finale in Abu…

  67. Monday 14 November 2016

  68. Sunday 13 November 2016

  69. 20:55

    Nasr: Ninth place 'tastes like a victory'

    Felipe Nasr described his ninth position as "a victory" as he ended his and Sauber's barren spell during a rain-lashed Brazilian Grand Prix. Nasr started…

  70. Monday 7 November 2016

  71. 13:20

    Sauber appoints Zander as technical chief

    Sauber has continued its recent recruitment drive by appointing Jörg Zander as its new Technical Director. Zander has acted as Audi's technical chief in the…

  72. Friday 4 November 2016

  73. 09:40

    Nasr 'pretty confident' of staying in F1

    Felipe Nasr says he is "pretty confident" over his chances of remaining in Formula 1 for a third successive campaign next year, but does not yet know at which…

  74. Monday 31 October 2016

  75. 16:02

    Ericsson narrowly misses first 2016 point

    Marcus Ericsson hailed a "strong race" for Sauber as he narrowly missed out on ending Sauber's season-long points drought at the Mexican Grand Prix. Ericsson…

  76. Thursday 27 October 2016

  77. Tuesday 25 October 2016

  78. Sunday 23 October 2016

  79. 11:02

    Sauber defends use of year-old engines

    Sauber Team Principal Monisha Kaltenborn insists that the squad's decision to retain Ferrari's 2016 engines for use in the 2017 season is not a…